New website and blog combined

It’s been more than a month since my last post, which is bad because it means that I’ve already broken my New Year’s resolution to update my blog each week.  However, I’ve got a good excuse (honest!). As you can see, I have a new website!  And this one combines both my website (including the various projects I’m…

Using Git securely

I had a bit of a panic today when I couldn’t “git push” any more.  I was getting authentication errors, even after entering my username and password.  And I use a password manager, so I knew I was getting my password right… unless it wasn’t pasting correctly…?  So I did what any well trained developer…

Optimising javascript files

In this next great installment of my new development process I want to head back to looking at javascript files, as my last three posts have been about adding stylesheets in my process, lazy loading stylesheets that are non-critical and using resource hints (although technically that last one applies to any resources, not just stylesheets). The last time I wrote about javascript…

Adding stylesheets into my Gulp file

I have been working on a series of blog post about my new development process, which so far has focused exclusively on javascript, including concatenation of javascript files, using Browserify to load jQuery and other javascript library files, and minifying (or uglifying) javascript files. Next it’s time to look at adding stylesheets. Similar to javascript…